One of the most important options you'll ever have to choose when using a Traveler's Notebook is the size. The size can make or break your experience with your notebook.
Here are some things & questions to consider when deciding your TN size:
- Use - Will it be for writing, art journaling, travel documenting, planning or tracking? Will it serve as your wallet or perhaps an ephemera holder?
- Location/storage where you'll be using/bringing it - Will it be with you when you commute or will it stay on your desk? Will it be placed in a tiny purse or in a big bag? Will it be on different places when you travel? Remember that size affects the weight so you will need something more portable & lightweight if you'll be carrying it often with you.
- Your handwriting size/space preference - Do you like lots of space when writing or will a tiny page be enough? Will you be decorating on it? If yes, will your favorite stickers, stamps & die cuts fit?
- Availability of inserts - Some sizes like Pocket (Moleskine & Field Notes Size), Passport & Standard (Midori sizes) are more easily accessible than others.
In our digital shop, we have 10 printable TN insert sizes! The measurements used in the shop are in italics. Variations are noted.
- Nano - 2.5 x 3.75in
- Micro - 3 x 4in (Other TN brands have different Micro size. Please check your cover size before purchasing.)
- Passport - 3.5 x 4.9in
- Pocket - 3.5 x 5.5in
- A6 - 105mm x 148mm
- Personal - 95mm x 171mm
- B6 Slim - 4.33 x 7in (Other B6 Slim's width ranges from 4.25 to 4.5in.)
- B6 - 125mm x 176mm
- Standard - 4.33 x 8.25in
- Cahier - 5 x 8.25in
(* A5 is a TN size but it is currently not available in the shop for TNs, only for ring planners.)
Lucky you, instead having to measure each one to get a feel of how big they are, you can now download a sample of each here.
Good luck in finding your perfect size!