My Morning Routine
Morning routines are sacred to me. I truly believe that the things we do upon waking up set the tone for the whole day. I updated my morning routine as there had been changes from the last time I shared it with you. My daughter is going to school now plus we have a new baby (!) and that alone changed our mornings very much.
Right now, this is what I do as soon as I wake up.
- I say gratitude & reflect on the Scriptures. I use YouVersion to read the Verse of the day & Jesus Calling app on my phone. Then, I just listen -- no talking, no complaining, just plain listening -- to God's message for me today. I find that the perfect way to do this is when the room is very silent during the wee hours of the morning. I take some deep breaths before getting up from my bed.
- Morning Pages writing and One Sentence Journaling (if I hadn't filled it the night before).
- To manage my vasomotor rhinitis (non-allergic rhinitis) that usually attacks in the morning, I use "smelling salts". I inhale deeply this & it quickly gives relief & keeps my sinuses clear. I also take my thyroid medication, Eltroxin, because it needs to be taken with an empty stomach, 30 minutes before breakfast.
- Oral hygiene.
- Breakfast with husband & coffee.
- J's school preps.
- I dry brush my skin first starting on my legs, working up before bath time. For my wavy hair, I use a lot of conditioner to moisturize. I use a natural cleanser/scrub & toner for my face. For extra detoxification, I use salts for foot scrubbing. It is very humid where I live so I'm still developing the good habit of moisturizing my whole body after bath ('cause it can feel really sticky) but I religiously use cocoa butter as post natal care.
- I put on a moisturizer with a minimum SPF15 on my face before I put on my light make-up for the day (loving pink-mauve lipstick right now).
- For extra thyroidism relief, I roll thyroid protocol oil (that I made with frankincense, peppermint, close, rosemary & lemon essential oils and coconut oil) to my neck to give myself a boost of energy & I use a supplement recommended by my Ma that boosts my energy.
- I then review my to-dos and plan my day before I start working.
- I always aim to make my first work task either writing, making/releasing a product or doing the most essential item on my to do list.
How about you, how did your morning routine changed from last year?